GigaHome Gateway: 844E Settings Instructions
How to get into the settings of your router:
- Open up a web browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, IE, or Safari), enter in the IP Address 192.168.1.1, and press Enter.
Note: You need to be connected to your router either over wireless or directly connected in with an ethernet cable.
- Enter in your User Name and Password for your router settings and click Login
Note: This information will be on the white sticker on the router labeled “User/Password:” (you might need to remove the stand in order to see this sticker)
- This will bring you to the home screen for the router settings.
How to find and/or change the router’s wireless name (SSID):
- Once logged into the router settings, select Wireless and under 2.4G Network select SSID Setup.
- The SSID (Network Name) will be your wireless name.
- To change the wireless name, click in the text box for Rename SSID, type in the new wireless name, and click Apply.
- To find and/or change the wireless name for 5G, click 5G Network under the Wireless section and repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
How to find and/or change the router’s wireless password:
- Once logged into the router settings select Wireless and under 2.4G Network select Security.
- The text box selected under Security Key/Passphrase will be your wireless password.
- To change the password, click in the text box for Use Custom Security Key, type in the new password and click Apply.
- To find and/or change the wireless password for 5G, click 5G Network under the Wireless section and repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
Note: If the router gets defaulted the wireless name will be the FSAN/SSID and wireless password will be the WPA Key located on the router’s white sticker.
For additional help, please contact Wizards Technical Support at (877) 457-9669.