Seasonal Billing Program
If you’re a part-time resident or frequent traveler typically gone for 30+ days, but no more than six months at a time, you can temporarily hold your HBC services with our Seasonal Billing Program. This program will help reduce your monthly costs in addition to keeping your services ready for activation upon your return.
- Our Summer seasonal billing period runs from June 1st–September 30th.
- Our Winter seasonal billing period runs from November 1st–April 30th.
During these times, you can choose to either downgrade or suspend your HBC services.
Whether you choose to downgrade or suspend services, the following will apply:
- There is no need to return any equipment.
- Your hbci.com email address will remain active.
- Keeping your account active means all your customer information remains intact.
- There is no need to re-establish auto-pay or paperless billing through SmartHub.
- There is an additional charge of 50% of your line rate to place your phone number on seasonal hold should you choose to disconnect it while you are away.
- If you return before May 1st (Winter) or October 1st (Summer), services can be activated. Call Customer Care a week before you return to reactivate your services. Downgrade or suspend options cannot be extended past May 1st (Winter) or October 1st (Summer).
- Suspended services will automatically resume May 1st (Winter) or October 1st (Summer) at current market rate.
-Rates listed are available to residential and business customers in the HBC service areas. Maximum seasonal status duration is 6 consecutive months or 6 months within any calendar year; minimum is 30 consecutive days. Subscriber can only participate in Seasonal Billing Program 1 season per calendar year. Customer must contact HBC to reactivate service. Failure to reactivate service before 6-month maximum will result in current market rate pricing. Seasonal prices do not include applicable fees, taxes, or surcharges. Service reconnection will not take place over the weekend. Other conditions may apply. Rates effective 11/01/20.