Setting up your SmartHub Account
Register as a New User or Access your SmartHub Account
- Visit hbc.smarthub.coop
- Once you access the SmartHub splash screen, do one of the following:
- If you are already enrolled for SmartHub with HBC, please enter your E-Mail Address and existing HBC billing Password, click Login, and advance to the “Security Passphrase” section below. (Fig. 1)
- If you are not enrolled for SmartHub with HBC, click the Sign up to access our Self Service site. hyperlink and continue through remaining instructions. (Fig. 2)
- On the next screen, enter the requested information into the form fields and click Submit to validate your account. (Fig. 3)
– If you do not know your HBC account number, or are having trouble accessing your account, please contact our Customer Care team at (888) 474-9995.
- Answer the displayed questions about the account you are trying to register and click submit to confirm your registration. (Fig. 4)
– A confirmation window will appear letting you know your registration is complete. You will receive an email with a temporary password. Use it to log in and change your password.
– Whenever changes are made to your SmartHub account, you will be notified via email.
Changing your Password
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with your temporary SmartHub password. (Fig. 5)
- Click the Login >> hyperlink provided in the email. (Fig. 5)
- Once you access the SmartHub splash screen, enter your E-Mail Address, temporary Password, and click Login.
- You will be prompted to change your password.
- When prompted, select either Yes or No and click Submit to confirm or deny receipt of paperless bills. (Fig. 6)
- When prompted, set your security Passphrase, which should be different than your SmartHub password, and then click Save. (Fig. 7)
– Your Security Passphrase can be changed at any point by selecting My Profile from the top bar navigation and then selecting Update My Security Passphrase.