Video Subscribers Gain Access to Live Coverage of Every Event on Multiple Platforms
Winona, MN – 01/30/14 – HBC, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXII Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, to commence on Thursday, February 6, and run through Sunday, February 23. HBC’s video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 1,500+ hours of Winter Olympic programming, including every Olympic competition, live and on-demand and across multiple platforms. In addition to enjoying extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), MSNBC, CNBC, and USA Network, subscribers can stay connected to the Sochi Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports Live Extra app, America’s premier Olympic digital destinations. Like no other event to date, the Olympic Games have been, and continue to be, a watershed moment for “TV Everywhere,” helping to drive awareness and usage.
“The Olympic Games is always a must-see event that draws in people to watch the world’s best athletes and most prestigious competitions, and HBC offers its customers a great way to see NBCUniversal’s coverage of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics live on every screen,” said Rochelle Pervisky, VP of HR and Regulatory Affairs of HBC. “We’re pleased to deliver NBCUniversal’s around-the-clock Games content to consumers whenever, wherever and how they want to watch.”
The following multiplatform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow HBC customers to watch and be a part of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games through their televisions, PCs, and mobile and tablet apps.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on HBC Includes:
- NBCOlympics.com: NBC Sports Live Extra, the home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes USA Network, NBC Sports Network, CNBC or MSNBC and who log-in to the site. NBCOlympics.com will feature, for the first time, live streaming coverage of all Winter Games competition, plus event rewinds and extensive video highlights. HBC customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers, who log in and verify their subscriptions by February 6, the first day of competition at the Sochi Games, can enter the NBC Olympics Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Rio de Janeiro in 2014, courtesy of NBCUniversal. HBC customers should follow the verification process to access NBC Olympics programming via NBCOlympics.com:
- Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
- Click the “Verify Now” button
- Select your TV provider HBC
- Enter the username and password that corresponds with your HBC TV2-Go (www.hbctv2go.com) account. If you don’t have one, please contact HBC Wizards at (877) 457-9669.
- Upon verification of your subscription to an Olympics-eligible package, you will be signed in throughout the Games on that device!
Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing. The NBC Sports Live Extra app will be available to verified HBC
customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra. The NBC Olympics Highlights and Results app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 6, 2014
With more Winter Olympic events than ever before, competition for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games from Sochi, Russia, will begin one day prior to the Opening Ceremony. As a result, NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, February 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday Feb. 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (men’s and women’s), in which two-time gold medalist Shaun White is expected to compete in the slopestyle’s Olympic debut; team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and women’s freestyle moguls.
Hiawatha Broadband Communications Inc. (HBC) is a southeastern Minnesota telecommunications service provider. The company delivers Video, Internet and Phone services to a customer base that numbers more than 12,000.
HBC’s roots are in a non-profit project begun in 1993, called Luminet℠. Luminet℠ connected Winona education, healthcare and government institutions to extend the reach of teaching and learning. In 1997, the success of Luminet℠ led to the formation of Hiawatha Broadband Communications, Inc. Today, HBC operates in 17 communities with 40 percent of its stock owned by non-profit entities.
For additional information, or to schedule an interview, please contact Rochelle Pervisky at (507) 474-5870 or email@example.com.
NBCUniversal Content Distribution Media Contacts:
Christine Reisner, Christine.P.Reisner@gmail.com
Khalan Boyer, Khalan.Boyer@nbcuni.com