ExperienceIQ Enhanced Parental Control
If you subscribe to ExperienceIQ Enhanced Parental Controls from HBC, you’ll have additional functionality to help manage access to the Internet within your home.
- Select the + sign from the main dashboard and then select People.
- Create a profile. Assign a name to the profile and assign the devices you want attached to this profile. You can also select the photo icon to add a picture to represent this profile.
- Select Done and those devices selected are now assigned to the profile you have create. To remove a device from a profile, select Edit, then select the – sign next to the device.
- If you want to manually pause all devices assigned to a profile, toggle the Internet Access button to OFF.
- Select Time Limits to set time limits for all devices connected to the profile.
- Restrictions allow you to restrict access to specific content, applications and websites, and enable Safe Search and YouTube restrictions.
- Parental Controls work while devices are connected to WiFi.
-If a device has the app, do not add it to a profile, as you may inadvertently cut off your access to these controls. If this happens, switch to mobile data, to restart the profile with your app device.
Restrictions allow you to restrict access to specific content, applications and websites for a profile you have set up.
- Safe Search blocks harmful or offensive content when searching Google, Bing, and YouTube.
- YouTube Restriction also blocks all comments on videos which often include inappropriate language.
- Content Restrictions allow you to block content by age or specific categories such as violence.
- Applications allows you to block access, approve access, or set time limits for specific applications by entering the name of the application.
- Websites allows you to allow or block specific websites.